Sunday 22 January 2012

Limon Technique class- 20/01/2012


Today we focused on developing the Limon repertoire. We fused our ideas together with a range of devleopmental techniques to develop the above piece.

Focus points:
Heavy energy, suspension, rebound, fall and recover,

Improvements
My first improvement is my starting position. I shuffle around a lot which takes away from the perfomance. My core could be more engaged, as well as my arms; my body should be in 'dance mode'.
More heavy energy could be used at 0:09 when my right arm swings back and over. This could be complimented with my head going with my arm. This would give more of a indication of heavy energy.
I need to have more control over my lower body. At 0:26 when I shoot my arm away, my leg seems to automatically lift off the ground. This needs to be more controlled and the rise needs to be of a lower level.
A contraction could be incorporated in the position at 0:29. As my arms go forward I could contract in my stomach.
At 0:30 my leg needs to be much higher. I am capable of doing so but sometimes forget minor details. I need to be more physically aware of the upcoming movements, including the minor details such as the one mentioned.
I need to work on the position hit at 0:47. At the moment it looks basic and messy. The more I work and practise the movement the better at it I will become.

No comments:

Post a Comment